How you can make a difference
Odyssey House Victoria has been a place of hope and positive change for individuals working towards breaking their pattern of addiction to alcohol and other drugs for over 30 years.
Today, the work of Odyssey House is more relevant than ever. Each new day brings with it many more enquiries from the friends and loved ones of people struggling with drug or alcohol problems - and many drug users themselves - desperate to overcome the their addiction.
Each year, with the help of generous people such as you, Odyssey House Victoria accommodates over 550 adults and 75 children in its residential treatment and support programs. We also provide intensive support, counselling and employment programs and other key outpatient services to over 1000 individuals and family members in the community per annum.
We are able to help people rebuild their lives by offering:
- Drug and alcohol counselling
- Nationally accredited vocational training resulting in clients with gainful employment, becoming full taxpaying members of society
- Life skills training for families in the residential rehabilitation program where they learn parenting, and budgeting skills so they can break out of their welfare dependency
These are the things that make a real difference to someone’s self respect and pride.
However, many more people in the community remain without help due to lack of agency funding and resources. Please join with us and make a gift today to support the vital work of Odyssey House Victoria today.
- $35 will provide children's books and educational toys for children under school age who are living with their parents at Odyssey's Residential Rehabilitation program
- $55 will help provide telephone support for a young person in crisis
- $125 buys an emergency care pack of groceries and other essentials for families living in Supported Accommodation
- $250 helps provide job training in Hospitality, Horticulture and Business skills for those in recovery or treatment
- $500 will provide counselling and support to at-risk young people in Community Schools.
Every life rebuilt is important and every dollar helps. Please give now.
Our Commitment to You
- Donations made to Odyssey House by you will be used to deliver quality, intensive residential and community based treatment and support programs. Priority is given to those with long term alcohol and other drug addictions. Last year, with the help of caring people just like you, we helped thousands of Victorians battling the effects of substance dependence, as well as providing information and resources to the wider community.
- Odyssey House Victoria’s accounts are audited every year by independent, certified public accountants.
- Odyssey House Victoria is endorsed as an income tax exempt charitable entity and deductible gift recipient.
- Like most community agencies, Odyssey House Victoria receives some government funding for various programs and services. However, there is a significant discrepancy between what is funded and what is needed to comprehensively treat a person for substance dependence, helping them achieve and sustain independent, addiction-free living. Without significant support from the philanthropic sector and the community, Odyssey House could not provide the range of services and support as many people as we do.
- Every gift over $2 you make to help a person in desperate need through Odyssey House Victoria is fully tax deductible.
If you'd prefer not to donate online, click here to download a donation form to complete and return to Odyssey House Victoria.