Odyssey House Victoria like so many charitable organisations relies on the generosity of the community to carry out vital work. One way in which you can care for the next generation is by leaving a legacy – making a bequest to Odyssey House Victoria in your Will. Making a gift in your will ensures your contribution is there for future generations. This allows you to help the success of Odyssey House, without affecting your independence today.
The easiest and most cost effective way to make a deferred gift to Odyssey House Victoria is to include us in your Will. Each individual legacy contributes to our financial strength and independence and our ability to meet the growing need in our community.
Types of Bequests
You can give almost any kind of asset to Odyssey House Victoria through a bequest, including a specific amount of money, securities, an interest in real estate (such as a residence), personal property (such as jewellery, art, shares or antiques).
How to Make a Bequest
A bequest to Odyssey House Victoria can be made by creating a new Will, adding a codicil to your existing Will, or including Odyssey House Victoria in your revocable trust.
It is very important that the wording in your bequest is very specific. It is always preferable to seek advice from a solicitor. Please download the attached file for the correct wording.
Important information about making a Will
- You must be over 18 years of age for a Will to be valid.
- Your Will must be in writing (handwritten, typed or printed)
- Your Will must be signed by the Will-maker and two or more witnesses in a specific way (all using the same pen). The Will must be dated and each page signed.
- If in doubt, it is always preferable to seek legal advice.
- Keep your Will in a safe place and tell your executor where it is.
- If you are planning to leave a gift to Odyssey House Victoria in your Will, please let us know so we can thank you.
For further information please contact:
Odyssey House Victoria, 660 Bridge Road, Richmond, Victoria, 3121 Ph: 03 9420 7600