- To be treated with dignity, respect and without discrimination
- To quality professional care based on recognised standards and determined by your needs
- To be given clear information on all aspects of services and treatment provided
- To be involved in decision-making about your care
- To consent or refuse services or treatment
- To include or exclude any person in your care (including family members, carer or advocate)
- To access your personal health records and have confidentiality ensured.
- To treat staff and others with respect, including respecting others privacy
- To contribute to an environment that is safe and supportive
- To provide, to the best of your ability, information to assist your treatment
- To participate in your service or treatment and ask questions.
Odyssey House Victoria appreciates all feedback about the services we provide. Your feedback assists our on-going quality improvement.
- Speak to a staff member directly involved in your care or the person in charge of the program
- Contact the relevant Executive Manager
Chief Executive Officer
Odyssey House Victoria
660 Bridge Road
Richmond Vic 3121
Telephone: 03 9420 7600
- Or leave us a message using the following feedback form.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome, please contact:
The Health Services Commissioner
Level 30 570 Bourke Street
Melbourne Vic 3000
Telephone: 03 8601 5200
Freecall: 1800 136 066