From 2002 to 2009 Odyssey House Victoria undertook two projects to develop models of care for families where parents had a substance use problem. The resulting model is a family centred approach that emphasises the safety and wellbeing of children in addition to parenting and family support. The success of the two projects led to Odyssey House Victoria being awarded the contract to provide the Kids in Focus services.
- Secondary consultation though telephone advice and support, offering assistance with immediate problem solving and information and skills development
- Opportunities for professional development and training
- Resources and information via the Odyssey House Victoria website
- Parents who have current or past substance dependence problems
- Parents with children in their care or working towards reunification
- Parents with one or more children between the ages of 0-12
This is a free service.
Please send all inquiries to KIFReferrals@odyssey.org.au.
- Information and support
- Home based parenting education and support
- Counselling and case management
- Recreational and therapeutic groups for children and their families
- Child and family activities to enhance social connections
- Facilitated access to rehabilitation
- Post natal follow up and support
- Ante natal care through our partnership with the Royal Women’s Hospital WADS program