Odyssey House Victoria is Behaviour Change Program provider, accredited by VicRoads. We assist people who have lost their license by providing Driver Education Programs.
Use the enrol link under the courses listed on the course calendar to the right, or if you have any issues regarding payment or further questions, Odyssey House Victoria’s Student Coordinator on (03) 8537 7115.
Currently, we offer Behaviour Change Programs out of Footscray (202 Nicholson St, Footscray) and Richmond (15 Barnet Way, Richmond) locations. As we expand to further locations in the future, we will list the additional locations here.
Note that in order to book yourself into the Behaviour Change Program, you must make a $100 deposit to us, either during the booking using the online application forms on the right or via phone. We cannot reserve your space in a Behaviour Change Program until you make this deposit.
For participants whose original offence date is on or after 30 April 2018, the full cost of this course is $350.00. This includes a $67.00 VicRoads Program Cost Recovery Fee. (Please note that a concession rate applies for participants who can present a valid form of concession, such as a valid health care or pensioner card, upon arrival. That fee is $290, including a $34.00 VicRoads Program Cost Recovery Fee. To access this concession rate, advise the Student Coordinator by replying to this email and bring your concession card to the first session.) Payment is payable via cash or card (EFTPOS & Paywave).
For participants whose original offence date is before 30 April 2018, the full cost of the course is $283.00, which excludes the VicRoads Program Cost Recovery Fee. (Please note that after 30 April 2019, this will expire, and all applicants for the program will need to pay the VicRoads Program Cost Recovery Fee.)
- We ask that participants bring all of their remaining course payment to settle on Day 1 of the Program (or, alternatively, contact us before commencement of the program to pay the remaining amount in full).
- Participants need to bring the letter they received from VicRoads confirming their need to attend the Behaviour Change Program, if they received one.
- We will require photographic ID that identifies you and your current address, as registered with VicRoads. (If you need to bring additional evidence to demonstrate your identity and current address, please read VicRoads’ standards of acceptable identity documents
- Attend and participate unaffected by alcohol or other drugs.
- Attend on time and complete both sessions to compete the program. If you miss a group session and/or cancel, this will incur additional costs.
- It is expected that all participants contribute to a safe and inclusive therapeutic environment.
- Disruptive and aggressive behaviour is not acceptable and will result in expulsion from the group.
- We request that all participants respect the rights and privacy of other group members and not disclose personal information of other group members to people outside of the service (particularly information that would identify people, such as names).
If you can advise us of your need to cancel your course and request a refund more than 48 hours before the commencement of your first session, we will be happy to refund the full amount of your deposit to you. If you advise us of your cancellation and request a refund with less than 48 hours’ notice, we will reserve a $50 cancellation fee. If you fail to inform us before the first session of your need to cancel, we will reserve your deposit in full and a refund will not be possible.
Please note that your $100 deposit is a reservation for this course only. If you can advise us of your need to transfer your course date more than 48 hours before the commencement of your first session, we will be happy to transfer your deposit and reservation without additional charge. If, however, you provide us with less than 48 hours’ notice or do not advise us before the commencement of the first session, you may opt to transfer your registration to another course depending on availability, but we will need to charge you another $100 administration fee on top of the full cost of the next course. If you have attended the first session and need to transfer your second session to a later date, we will need to charge you another $150 session transfer fee in order to reserve a spot for you in a future session, depending on availability.
Odyssey House Victoria will provide information to VicRoads and to the courts in relation to your completion of the Behaviour Change Program and any referral recommendations our facilitators make. We will collect and use your information for the purposes of our internal reports and for any VicRoads Program evaluation processes.
You will be offered a feedback & evaluation form for the provision of confidential feedback to us and/or to VicRoads at the end of the second session.
Visit the VicRoads website for further information on getting your license back or contact VicRoads on 131 171.
Courses run over two sessions on two separate days. Participants must complete both days.
If your licence is suspended or cancelled due to a drink-driving offence you will need to return your licence to VicRoads within seven days of your suspension start date to:
VicRoads Licence and Registration Services
Locked Bag 7000, Kew VIC 3101
Once you have served your cancellation period you need to apply to VicRoads to get your licence back. Requirements to regain your licence vary and depend on your age, type of offence, your BAC (Blood Alcohol Content) reading and whether it is your first or a subsequent offence.
You may need to:
- pay fines
- participate in a driver education program
- undertake assessments
- attend court
- obtain a record of your driving history
- arrange the installation of an alcohol interlock device
- arrange a final interlock reading and an assessment.
Visit the VicRoads website for further information on getting your licence back or contact VicRoads on 131171.
If your licence disqualification is managed by the Victorian Magistrates’ Court you will need to obtain a Licence Eligibility Order. For further information visit the Driver’s Licence Eligibility Order Guide.